Chung To: From Investment Banker to AIDS Activist in China
My husband pointed this article out in my alumni magazine. Ex-investment banker Chung To quietly goes about his work in China helping “blood orphans,” thousands of children born of Chinese farmers infected with by HIV-tainted blood products spread largely through roving blood dealers. He started and runs Chi Heng, the longest running private program for educating AIDs orphans in China. I wanted to highlight him as a really great role model; someone who is truly making a difference.
The full article is here. One Less Investment Banker: Chung To Quit Wal Street to Sponsor Schooling for China’s Blood Orphans
To help, please buy an Eco Bag. It makes a great holiday gift!
This beautiful bag – made from 100% cotton – was manufactured by women impacted by HIV in rural China . By purchasing this bag, you are giving these women an income, supporting the education of their children, and empowering communities stricken by HIV/AIDS and poverty.
The drawing, done by three children during Chi Heng Foundation’s Art Therapy Program, illustrated their aspirations —-“I will grow up happily and filled with life, just like this tree.”
- Bag Size : about 40 Height, 35 Width, 10 Depth cm Unit Charity
- Sale Price : Retail : HK$150/pc
- Bulk Order ( customized with your own company logo) : please contact us for more details.
- Free Delivery ONLY for bulk order to major commercial district in Hong Kong,
- Personal pick up at our at office in Hong Kong.
- Other delivery arrangement on request at quoted cost.